For our team in Berlin we are looking for a Senior Data Engineer (d/f/m) for our Communications team.
Our mission is to enable our customers to do the mobility changes that they need (buying and selling of vehicles, including concerns on the way like financing and insuring a car) completely online, and to enable the more than 40.000 car dealers in Germany who are our partners to compete in this increasingly digitized market by providing them top-in-class tools and processes. This specific role is for the Communication team, responsible for the written communication in mobile.de.
This agile and cross-functional team is equipped with software developers, UX specialists, product owners, analysts and business developers so that it can holistically own and grow this business and develop a product that serves our users' needs excellently. Reporting to the Team Lead of Software Engineering, the person has the technical skills to manage data engineering, has a business focus and loves to work with passionate and engaged people in one of the world's leading automotive platforms. Are you this person?
What you'll do
- Experience creating detailed technical documentation building data flows into and out of our data lake / data mesh infrastructures and suggest/promote how data can enable better products and grow our business
- You design, implement, schedule and supervise ETL/ELT pipelines into our data lake and data warehouse while following software engineering best practices
- You are involved in the creation and definition of reports and dashboards to create transparency into current business processes
- You craft clean, accurate, integrated, automatically tested, well-documented, and efficient datasets with a high usability for analysts and our users
- You collaborate with analysts, data engineers, data scientists and product managers across mobile.de and serve as a contact for questions regarding the datasets of your business unit and you feel responsible for data quality and tackle issues
- Develop and maintain backend solutions for customer-facing and internal applications and contribute to the team's work with clean, maintainable and testable code, participate and lead design and code reviews
Who you are
- You have a degree in data engineering, data science, (business) computer science or comparable working experience
- You have 4+ years hands-on experience using big data technologies in cloud environments, such as Amazon Web Services or Google Cloud Platform
- You are familiar with building data integration pipelines and commonly used data technologies like dbt, Airbyte, Airflow, Kafka, Spark or BigQuery
- You have knowledge about supporting build and deploy technologies (e.g. Maven/Gradle, Docker)
- You have experience with relational and object databases like MySQL, MongoDB and comfortable with data exploration using SQL; NoSQL databases
- You have experience with BI tools like Looker, Data Studio or Tableau
- You have experience with Java/Spring Boot-based backend technologies and have implemented and consumed RESTful (micro-)services
- An attractive Base Salary.
- Participation in our Short Term Incentive plan (annual bonus).
- Employee Stock Purchase Program with a match from Adevinta.
- Work From Anywhere: Enjoy up to 20 days a year of working from anywhere! Maybe not from the moon - well why not! just make sure you have internet connection!
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Program for you and your family, because we care.
- Win together, lose together is one of our key behaviours. At Adevinta you will find a collaborative environment with an opportunity to explore your potential and grow.
On top of these, we also provide a range of locally relevant benefits. Wanna know more? Apply and ask our recruiters!