What you will do and who you are
We are looking for an experienced Machine Learning Engineer to join our Search team and help our millions of users efficiently find what they truly need or quickly get rid of what they no longer require. Search is the entry point for the vast majority of our users and a central element of Leboncoin.You would join a passionate cross-functional team, deeply invested in both tech and product aspects. We are the primary users of the services we develop. You will be involved in the entire feature development process, working closely with Backend engineers, front-end developers, and many other internal teams.As a Machine Learning Engineer, you will contribute to the maintenance and development of the ML services that enhance and personalise the user search experience. By joining the Data Science guild, you will also have the opportunity to contribute to cross-cutting topics, learn, and share best practices within your expertise. You will frequently communicate in English with Adevinta group teams.Here are some topics you could work on :
- Suggest, implement, and A/B test a new version of user search personalization: adding new signals or new modalities, or testing different model architecture, embedding sizes, algorithms...
- In collaboration with Backend Engineers, experiment with an alternative technology that would allow us to iterate and recover faster.
- Work on the ML development pipelines to increase automation, improve fault tolerance, monitoring, and observability.
- Revamp the auto-completion system to extend it with new features (better handling of typos, handling of acronyms...) to improve our KPIs at a reasonable cost.
- Proactively looking for ML ways to tackle our user pain points.
We are looking for someone who is accustomed to tackling challenging problems from an ML point of view, from data exploration to delivering models in production. You dream in SQL, Athena is not a god to you; notebooks and plotting libraries are your friends, as much as TensorFlow/PyTorch, Kubeflow, MLflow, Airflow, and Kubernetes (or should quickly become so).As we are hiring an experienced engineer, we expect you to actively contribute to data debates and architecture choices, offering potentially strong opinions as long as they come with pragmatism. You are curious, learn quickly, and strive for autonomy. We would be delighted if you show us how to improve what we do, take initiatives, and propose innovative solutions.You probably have a few years of experience in a similar role, but we are less interested in the duration than in your achievements. We are interested in learning about what you have worked on, how it was done, and why it was successful.Ideally, you already have experience in the information retrieval field from a Deep/Machine Learning point of view.
- An attractive Base Salary.
- Participation in our Short Term Incentive plan (annual bonus).
- Employee Stock Purchase Program with a match from Adevinta.
- Work From Anywhere: Enjoy up to 20 days a year of working from anywhere! Maybe not from the moon - well why not! just make sure you have internet connection!
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Program for you and your family, because we care.
- Win together, lose together is one of our key behaviours. At Adevinta you will find a collaborative environment with an opportunity to explore your potential and grow.
On top of these, we also provide a range of locally relevant benefits. Wanna know more? Apply and ask our recruiters!