Kijiji is the #1 online classifieds site in Canada and one of Canada’s top 10 most-visited digital sites. We reach nearly half of Canadian internet users monthly. We’re a leader in helping users find and trade goods and services in their communities, including Autos, Real Estate and Jobs. We’re proud of our engaged, results-oriented and collaborative team and were recently named one of the top Toronto Tech Employer Brands.
Kijiji is part of Adevinta: a global online classifieds specialist and sustainability leader with 40+ products in 14 countries.
What You’ll Do & Who You Are
We are seeking a Director, Chief Product Officer to lead our growing Product and UX teams in defining the product vision, building the long term product roadmap and driving delivery to create amazing end to end experiences for our customers.
This is a critical hire for Kijiji as we continue to transform both our technology platform and the product experiences we deliver. We are looking for a hands-on leader to work closely with the team in defining our goals, roadmap and ways of working. The CPO will also be a key member of the Kijiji leadership team, helping to set the overall strategy, direction and culture of the organisation.
What You'll Do
- Develop deep understanding of our customer journeys and experiences and help define organisational structure and ways of working to maximize impact through our product
- Lead development and delivery of the unified product roadmap by defining the product vision, prioritising outcomes, and measuring its success
- Elevate our product experience across the Kijiji horizontal, as well as our core verticals
- Build trust and work closely with peers and teams across the organisation to drive business growth, including Technology, Marketing, Analytics and Sales
- Recruit, develop and mentor outstanding product & design talent
- Collaborate with Kijiji leadership team to shape and influence direction of the broader organisation
What You'll Have
- Bachelor degree required, MBA or MS preferred
- 12+ years of experience in product development, product management and design
- Experience and understanding of marketplaces highly desirable
- Proven leadership experience managing sizable teams for a product with significant scale
- Demonstrated experienced in making data driven decisions that are customer-centric, strategic and analytical
- Ability to collaborate and influence leaders across the organization
- Competitive compensation package
- Opportunity to shape the way we work. Your feedback and opinions are valued at all levels of the organisation
- Benefits including stock purchase plan and annual bonus plans
- Flexibility to work when and how you want - flexible hours, autonomy to set your own agenda, choice of phone and computer
- Smart Working Policy - work remotely some of the time, balanced with time in the office together with your team - between 5 and 45 days per quarter in the office depending on each team.
- ‘Work from anywhere’ weeks - up to four weeks working from anywhere, as long as you have an internet connection!
- Career development, including language classes and Adevinta Academies: specialised content built by our experts on Machine Learning, Agile, Leadership and more
Adevinta is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
If you feel like you don’t meet all of the requirements for this role but are interested, please consider applying anyway. Research suggests that women and individuals from underrepresented groups may self-select out of opportunities if they don’t meet 100% of the job requirements. We strongly encourage people from historically excluded groups to apply and look forward to speaking with you.
- An attractive Base Salary.
- Participation in our Short Term Incentive plan (annual bonus).
- An excellent Equity program. This role plays a key part to the success of the organisation and therefore you will receive a piece of Adevinta every 6 months.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program with a match from Adevinta.
- Work From Anywhere: Enjoy up to 20 days a year of working from anywhere! Maybe not from the moon - well why not! just make sure you have internet connection!
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Program for you and your family, because we care.
- Win together, lose together is one of our key behaviours. At Adevinta you will find a collaborative environment with an opportunity to explore your potential and grow.
On top of these, we also provide a range of locally relevant benefits. Wanna know more? Apply and ask our recruiters!