We are looking for a back-end engineer to fulfill our team's back-end platform engineer position for the milanuncios vertical.
The Back-end Platform team is responsible for leading the discipline. Its mission is to continuously improve the company's practices, technology, and engineering experience.
It achieves so by building agreements and providing tooling in collaboration with other Platform teams, knowledge, and support.
They also drive the adoption of new industry trends, continuously raising the bar.
Your mission as part of the Platform Area is the Acceleration of the product development teams, and specifically of the Backend Developers.
We choose to achieve this Acceleration by creating and fostering a continuously improving community, bringing the software crafters principles to every team.
Their responsibilities are:
- Support back-end engineers and unblock any issues they face by accompanying them to fulfill the desired results.
- Build/Maintain a strong back-end community in the vertical, focusing on having everyone's voice heard.
- Share the problems, failures, and successes to Back-end platform engineers and other discipline platform engineers to feed the other vertical communities.
Someone fitting in this position is a person who:
- Stays tuned about the new practices and technologies in the discipline.
- Can pair with anyone to find the best way to solve any problem.
- Acts proactively and humbly.
- Is curious about anything, wants to learn from anyone and hear their opinions.
- Is eager to know everything about the discipline in the milanuncios vertical.
- Wants to get their hands dirty in the mud of any legacy that needs refactoring or rework, always in a collaborative way.
We expect this person to work for the discipline by:
- Lead the agreements in the milanuncios vertical
- Lead the discipline in the milanuncios vertical
- Work with all teams to solve problems and promote them as standard solutions.
- Be accountable for shared cross-tools being up to date, clean of security issues, and helping as many teams as possible.
- Promote collaboration in the maintenance and building of any tool needed.
- Work with EMs (and Principal if the role eventually exists in milanuncios) to identify and fix problems in the teams by working with them.
- Write and speak English fluently.
It would be a plus, although if you don't, you will have to be able to:
- Actually be a key actor in the milanuncios vertical, so you will impact faster
- High knowledge of:
- Java/Kotlin (Spring boot) or Go Lang
- Good knowledge of additional frameworks that are in use in the company is also a plus, as it can help break barriers.
- Knowledge of business of the milanuncios marketplace
- Know which door you have to knock on to get help on any topic, and willingness to get out of your comfort zone to make things happen
- Foster software community (not only inside Adevinta)
At Adevinta Spain, we believe in the power of a fair and equitable benefits policy. And we do everything we can to make it so. Therefore, we pay special attention to all aspects that are key in your day-to-day life:
- Our work model prioritizes remote work combined with face-to-face dynamics in the office that help us connect and make strategic decisions as a team. There are a minimum of 5 face-to-face days per quarter that you will pick with your team, that is, a minimum of 20 days a year, of which there are 8 days that we have chosen for everyone because they are meetings that reinforce our culture as a company (development conversations with managers, the creation of objectives or the summer celebration and Christmas party)
- Furthermore, you have the option of working up to four weeks a year from wherever you'd like. To do this, you must have a good internet connection and be able to follow the team's schedules.
- Every year we engage in benchmarking against the external market in order to create competitive compensation packages. Moreover, we do have plans that allow you to "flex your gross salary" in order to purchase benefits such as meal vouchers, commuters card, training and child care.
- We have Apple, Dell and Samsung options to choose the hardware that helps you most in your daily life. Choose between a Macbook Pro (14" or 16") or Lenovo X1 laptop and an iPhone 12 or Samsung S21 phone.
- Do you travel by car or motorcycle? We subsidize part of the parking cost
- Your well-being is our priority. We cover fully for your medical insurance and we allow family members to be added to the policy for a discounted price.
- At the Barcelona office, you can enjoy sessions of 1 hour of physiotherapy
- Do you like going to the gym? We sponsor 70% of the monthly fee of your chosen centre/ studio and we have agreements with both Andjoy and McFit for discounted membership prices.
- We enjoy 23 days of paid-time-off a year.
- We offer free breakfast and drinks at our Barcelona office every day of the week. You can also choose to enjoy the freshmade set daily menu in our canteen for an economical price. In Madrid on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays you can enjoy free breakfast.
- Last but not least, you have 5 extra days to attend conferences and we offer one entrance ticket per year.
- An attractive Base Salary.
- Participation in our Short Term Incentive plan (annual bonus).
- An excellent Equity program. This role plays a key part to the success of the organisation and therefore you will receive a piece of Adevinta every 6 months.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program with a match from Adevinta.
- Work From Anywhere: Enjoy up to 20 days a year of working from anywhere! Maybe not from the moon - well why not! just make sure you have internet connection!
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Program for you and your family, because we care.
- Win together, lose together is one of our key behaviours. At Adevinta you will find a collaborative environment with an opportunity to explore your potential and grow.
On top of these, we also provide a range of locally relevant benefits. Wanna know more? Apply and ask our recruiters!