The Knocker team runs the platform that is currently sending 1.1B+ notifications per week to millions of users. We work closely together with Product and Data specialists to design and develop top-of-the-line software products and provide the best experience to 16 different marketplaces. The notifications squad is looking for enthusiastic engineers who don’t shy away from big technical challenges to join the team and help bring the product to the next level.
What you'll do:
- Help build state of the art systems that have real revenue-generating impact
- Design and implement highly scalable solutions using the best development practises and tools
- Help further improve our development environment and communicate the best development practises within the team (i.e. code reviews, testing, etc)
- Continuously monitor the quality of our systems and design measurements to monitor their health (both the engineering systems and data integrity)
- Keep on top of the latest and greatest development trends in distributed systems and the cloud
- Work closely with other teams (Stakeholders, Data Science, Product and UX) at Adevinta to drive product development
- Be curious: experiment with new solutions yet be pragmatic and committed to code optimisation, maintainability and quality
Who you are:
- A creative person who can help us raise the bar, challenge our current setup and improve our solution – you love developing good quality software
- You use your voice to provide feedback in a respectful way. Good written and spoken communication skills; technical and business level English is a must
- A team player who loves celebrating success with the team but who is also ready to learn from mistakes in a safe environment
- Experience with development best practises: Pair programming, code review, clean code, CI/CD preferably with experience in Travis and Spinnaker
- Someone who understands quality should come by design and consistently writes Automated Tests (JUnit, Testcontainers, etc.)
- Familiar with REST APIs, and Microservices architecture
- Experience with or has the desire to learn Kotlin - it’s the main programming language we use, but any other JVM language is also acceptable
- Experience building and maintaining systems at scale: service discovery, load balancing, secret management, dynamic request routing, circuit breakers and deployment schemes (rolling updates, canary, etc.)
- Experience or understanding of cloud infrastructure is a plus: AWS EC2, CloudFormation, Kubernetes
- Experience with high traffic systems and distributed systems and databases is also a plus
- An attractive Base Salary.
- Participation in our Short Term Incentive plan (annual bonus).
- Employee Stock Purchase Program with a match from Adevinta.
- Work From Anywhere: Enjoy up to 20 days a year of working from anywhere! Maybe not from the moon - well why not! just make sure you have internet connection!
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Program for you and your family, because we care.
- Win together, lose together is one of our key behaviours. At Adevinta you will find a collaborative environment with an opportunity to explore your potential and grow.
On top of these, we also provide a range of locally relevant benefits. Wanna know more? Apply and ask our recruiters!